Quote today from Secretary of State John Kerry:
“When I think about the array of global climate, of the global threats, think about this: terrorism, epidemics, poverty, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction,” Kerry said in a speech to students in the capital, Jakarta. “All challenges that know no borders. The reality is that climate change ranks right up there with every single one of them.”
He stressed that 97 percent of scientist agree that climate change is “unequivocal” and that those people who deny the facts “are simply burying their heads in the sand.”
Besides the fact that he is quoting the Bible . . . and may not know what the Bible says about the days ahead . . . I find this so interesting in many ways.
1) Really? It’s obvious that Mr. Kerry has never suffered from starvation, poverty, epidemics etc. Really Mr. Kerry, please explain that to someone who is hungry, cold, sick and dying without any care. No offense but that is like telling someone who is hungry that they should be saving for retirement.
2) Climate change – Let’s assume that it is real. My argument all along has been we have little means to stop it. Even if America eliminated our carbon footprint, none of the other countries are. China is the biggest polluter in the world. Good luck shutting them down.
3) Climate change – Which way is it going? in the 1970’s it was cooling. In the early 2000’s it was warming. Now it it climate change. It is changing, we just don’t know how. On 60 minutes tonight the producers admitted that nearly 100% of the great lakes are frozen over. They are complaining about how cold it is! Really?
4) Our heads are buried in the sand? Really Mr. Secretary. Most of us are buried but not in sand. We are buried in debt – 17.3 trillion thanks in part to your administration, 10,000 per person for state debt, credit card debt, school debt, pension debt, local debt. We are working harder and falling behind. Most of us do not have the luxury Mr. Secretary to worry about climate change because we are trying to survive. Why don’t you and Mr. Gore spread out your billions to those of us who don’t have private jets. We are trying to survive like the people in Indonesia.
5) Secretary Kerry is announcing this in Indonesia which has one of the most active volcanoes in the world. How will that effect our climate Mr. Secretary? What will you do about that?
6) It doesn’t bother me that scientists research this. It bothers me that we Americans think that we know what is best for the rest of the world and that we can fix it. Sorry, I’m not buying it. I need to stop writing and pay some bills.
New International Version (NIV)
8 He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them. 9 When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.”
10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.